I picked up some Trader Joe’s pumpkin butter and pumpkin bread mix back around Thanksgiving, not knowing it would become my favorite thing to cook (and eat!) this holiday season! At the suggestion of a college friend who used to work at TJ’s, I married the two ingredients… and y’all… it is delicious.
I have sent this to friends, my son LOVES it, and I am taking some more to my in-laws this weekend. I went to buy more ingredients last week and almost panicked when I couldn’t find them! The sales associate told me they have switched to their gingerbread recipe for Christmas… when I finally found the last shelf of pumpkin goods, I stocked up!
Trader Joe’s Holiday Bread (with a few modifications)
- Mix two large eggs, 1 cup of water, and one jar of pumpkin butter in a large mixing bowl.
- Add in one box of pumpkin bread mix.
- Stir in one cup of your choice of nuts – I like walnuts the best.
- Optional – stir in 3/4 cup gold or purple raisins. (My husband doesn’t love raisins, so I leave these out if I’m making it for him.)
- Pour into a prepared bread loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes.
- Let bread cool in pan for about 15 minutes before transferring.
- Enjoy with a big cup of coffee!
I’m not a food photographer, and my current loaf is still in the oven… So I’ll spare you mediocre pictures of a final product. Have a wonderful Christmas weekend. I hope you are surrounded by people you love and people who love you. If not, you’re welcome at my house! I’ll most likely be eating pumpkin bread, wearing some kind of elastic pants, and being “enormous-how big am I gonna get-pregnant”. I’m sure the bread is totally helping with that dilemna 😉
This photo is from a Christmas party we hosted a few years back, and it is still one of my favorites.
And a more updated version of Christmas here…
Merry Christmas from the Cottens!