Happy Thursday to you all! I hope you are enjoying 12 Days of Blogmas this year. We are quickly ticking away the days, and I think it will be Christmas before we know it!
The other day, it was rainy and grey and cold. All I wanted was some thick soup to warm me up from the inside out. I dug through the ingredients I had at the house and came up with the most delicious, filling meal. My kids had this for lunch also, so I think it’s a crowd pleaser!
- 1 large pack of frozen broccoli florets
- 3 large chicken breasts
- 1 large potato, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tbs. garlic powder
- 2 tbs. Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tbs. parsley
- Combine chicken, potato, broccoli, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, chicken stock, and S/P in crockpot. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. (You could use shredded rotisserie chicken and either cook the potato beforehand/omit the potato if you wanted a faster meal.)
- I let my chicken and broccoli mixture sit in the fridge overnight, and the next afternoon I poured it all into an extra large saute pan on medium high heat. Add parsley.
- Once that gets simmering, slowly stir in the cream cheese and shredded cheddar until melted.
- A few notes: You could use cream instead of cream cheese – I just didn’t have any. If you are dairy free but still love creamy soups, check out this recipe from Simply Whisked!